Can a h1 be an image?
Can a h1 be an image?
“If you have an image as the page’s H1 tag, keep in mind that the H1 is one of the most important clues for a search engine to determine what the page is about, so consider using text instead of an image or at least using descriptive ALT text.”
Should your logo be h1?
The first heading on your site should be the one that best describes the content of your page. Sometimes this is your logo–but most of the time it’s not. Usability: The tags to should be used to organize information and orient users.
What is h1 style in HTML?
H1 – H6 tags, also called “heading” tags are HTML code that’s used for heading titles on pages. Some search engines give more weight to text inside “H” tags.
How do you put a heading next to a picture in HTML?
You can do it as Billy Moat told you, wrap your and in a and use float: left; to float your image to the left, set the width and than set a line-height for your h1 and use to clear your floating elements. you can do this by using just one line code..
How do I insert a logo in HTML?
How to Use HTML to Insert a Logo
- Locate the file of your logo.
- Open your word editor.
- Write the code to insert an image file.
- Insert ‘alt tag’ information.
- Indicate height and width of your image.
- Indicate border information then close the tag.
- Save your file as an .
Can you put an image in a heading tag?
Yes and no. You can place an image inside an h1 element, but not quite like that … the alt attribute is mandatory.
Is there a logo tag in HTML?
5 Answers. There is no “semantic” way (i.e. syntax) to markup a logo in HTML, so on a fundamental level there is no right or wrong way. That said, I would not use a for a logo, since the heading-tags should structure your HTML.
Why is H1 important?
H1s are a good indicator of what the most important text on a page is. As they are usually the most visually notable content on the page, a good H1 can ensure clarity for the reader. It’s important to remember that SEO can often be about user optimisation as well as optimisation for search.
How do you optimize H1 tags?
H1 Tag SEO Best Practices
- The H1 tag should be the same or slightly different than the page title.
- Use keywords in your headings.
- Avoid very long headings.
- Make sure that your H1 tag is visible and not hidden to users.
- Style your H1 tag differently than the rest of the headings.
- Use headings in a hierarchical manner.